Friday, April 27, 2012

One year ago today I was in Walla Walla - had been there each week for three days, but this week would be different.  It would be the last time I'd be able to touch my mom's hands and face and for her to feel my love.  Even then I knew "life" would continue on - it always does, but I had no idea how I would make it through difficult times ahead.  Yes, I had my husband, my kids, my siblings, my friends, my church - BUT I didn't have my mom!!!  She was always the one I'd call to "share" joys with, to share heartaches with, to share my life with - no longer would she be able to listen and respond to me.  No longer would I be able to say how much I loved her!!!  Mom, it's been hard!!!!  There's times I just sit and cry, times I'm not even thinking of you and begin to cry, times I remember something and tears swell in my eyes. 

Even in the later years of your life I remember you talking about your mom and how sometimes you would have tears - that's me now when I start talking about you!  My children are experiencing the very same thing with me!  I so remember years ago thinking "Oh mom, my heart aches when I see you cry" and now I'm sure my girls are thinking that same thing!  I think the thing I've realized the most is that "life is so fragile" and that we REALLY need to live each day LOVING YOU, loving our family, loving others!!!!  We need to live for YOU - not somehow, but triumphantly!!!! 

So mom, for today, I'm giving you those words!!!  You shared them with me through your actions, through your words, through your persistence, through your strength, through you life!!!  I love you mom!!!!!

One Year Over - but LOVES forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment