Monday, August 8, 2011

Time Slips Away

So here it is - August 8th, 2011 and two thirds of the summer has passed!  It just doesn't seem possible at all:) but then again, life just seems to happen, doesn't it?  It's been a fairly good summer - still lots of emotions and times of tears, but some really good things too! 

Logan is working for Erik Logen each day at 7:00 AM - AM - did you read that correctly?  AM!!!!  Wow, what a feat that is to just get him out of bed:)  - am glad I have an "early rising husband" as I'd never be able to do that regularly.  My hours each day keep me up at night and then I actually love to sleep in a little:)  Jim is good - he gets Logan out of bed and out of the house - to a JOB!!!!

Litney and Danny have come down several times and shared some of their time with us:)  It's always a nice thing to have them for sure!!!  And last month Logan got to stay with them in Spokane while Jim and I were shooting a wedding on the coast - Logan adores Danny as much as he does Litney.  I like the relationship between them - very healthy for Logan too - just laid back and fun times when he's with them:)  Logan actually starting this "pipe smoking" this summer - guess it's not as bad as it could be, and he and Danny enjoy it together.  Am sooooo happy for Litney - she definitely found the "man of her dreams" and the two of them together are adorable.  What more could a mother ask for, right?  They are good for each other for sure!!!!

Jim and I have shot three weddings and one more to go next week - I've been blessed with a very patient husband when it comes to partnering with me to do my photography:) - he just does exactly what I say to do and doesn't complain.  He actually loves to chit chat with all the people so after his portion of the wedding is over - he just talks:)  Of course, there's always a little food involved too - he likes that part!!!  Then it takes two days for us to "recup" after being on our feet so much - am wondering just how many more years I'll be able to still do what I do - BUT I LOVE IT!!!!  Never thought I'd be a "photographer", but have found my niche again - God's blessed me with so many different avenues in my life at different times in my life - this is one of my favorites - that is, besides being a "mom"!!!

Larissa comes home next month and we're heading to Montana for Kayla's wedding:)  Am so super excited to see Larissa - it's been since March - she opted for Hawaii instead of Washington for her summer vacation - imagine that, huh?  Really, it's okay - am very proud of her and if she chooses to vacation with friends, I think it's wonderful!!!!  This is the time in her life when she can, so my thought is, "Go for it!!!!"  Am glad to have her when she can come and if it's not often enough, we'll just head down her way!!!  We are going and taking Logan in October and then she's actually staying for two full weeks at Christmas - am very excited for that too!!!  Larissa is loving her life - her work, her friends, her church, her life!!!  I'm very blessed too to have wonderful kids!!!!

So, I'm posting another photo - when we brought everything home from my mom's and dad's this was one item that I got - I knew it would look good on my back porch, and I don't think really that anyone else wanted it - so just yesterday Jim hung it for me:)  Yes, it's been sitting across the chair for almost two months - it always takes him a little "time" to "get to it" - but it happened.  I have so many wonderful memories of both mom and dad - it seems like everywhere around my home now there's a portion of them - dad made this - it's a very special coat rack to me!!!  Time may slip away, but memories last forever!!!  Hmmm, may have to write about that next time!!!


Blessings to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment