Saturday, August 18, 2012

Is it Time? - August 18th

Ok:)  So I just got off the phone with my oldest sister - after quite the conversation about a variety of things, she comments, "By the way, why haven't you posted anything on your blogspot?"  Hmmmmm, my response is "guess I've been busy?!"  However, that is no excuse ever for anything that means something to you!  And keeping up on my blogspot does bring comfort for those "two" that read it!!!!  So, after googling on "how in the world to get in to my site and create a new one" - here it is:)

Yes, Father's Day came and went and now this week is the 6th year of dad's passing.  I've written something that I will post at the end of this - was in tears yesterday afternoon and the words just kept haunting my mind until I wrote them down.  I'll be posting on the 21st of August on facebook and tag my siblings - we all will feel the very same way - Glen isn't a facebooker so can't tag him.  Not sure but maybe I have "three" followers on this site?  Anyway, wrote it for all of us as we all know it by heart - heard it all the time!!!  Always got a little chuckle out of it, and I guess now, I can still smile and laugh inside.  Not the same on the outside, 'cuz I miss him and mom a lot - but I can hear him tell me, "Janet, that's a good one!"  Often times he would actually print out some of my poems and read to his Sam's Group at church.  I never did tell him just how special that made me feel - guess I should have, huh?  Dad was a writer too - so between him and Aunt Mildred who I didn't really get to know, maybe it comes naturally to me.  I do know this, I feel like at times there is nothing more that I can do but write the words down.  Sometimes I wonder, "Who in the world will go through these thousands of writings I have?"  Hmmmm, maybe one of my kids someday - who knows?

Life is busy and I'm loving it!!!  Larissa moved to Philadelphia - actually to St. David's and is the Coordinator of Student Activities/RD and is loving it!  Our road trip from Texas to Pennsylvania was a lifetime of memories to treasure!  We laughed, we ate, we slept, we took photos, we cried - perfect in every way!  Litney got her first teaching job in Renton and is in the process now of getting her classroom organized and ready for 31 5th grade students - that will be a challenge for a first year teacher but I know she'll do great!  I miss she and Danny living in Spokane and popping in on us - hmmmm, don't think they'll ever live on this side of the state again:( !!!  Logan is in the middle of harvest driving combine - he's doing great but exhausted after two weeks - anyone should be!  And he's still dating his girlfriend - at least she helps motivate him so I like that!  This is Jim's slower time at the office with the farmers but my photography is in full swing!  I've had shoots about 5 or 6 times a week - without breaks for like 10 days - BUT, I'm doing what I love!!!  Again, both dad and mom would have been thrilled for me.  Funny how even when you're with a "spouse" and as old as I am that you still love thinking that your parents would be proud?! 

OK - so I'm going to try my best not to let this much time pass in my writing - here's my words for Dad - remember dad, I love you so much and miss you!!! 


Blessings to my Dad!!!  Blessings to all:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment