Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Window

So it's not finished, but it's beginning this afternoon.  Steve's Glass is coming out to measure for a "Garden Window" above my kitchen sink!!!  I'm pretty excited, yet it saddens me at the same time.  You see, I want this window for both my mom and my mother-in-law.  In my mind, I want to get up each morning and look out this window as I'm getting my morning coffee and just remember how special these two "moms" are - to remember all the great qualities of each, to remember they loved me, to remember they could never be replaced.  I don't ever want to forget their generous hearts, their kindness, their love for me and for my children - I never want to forget them.  Not saying a "window" would replace anyone, but it will be a symbol for me.  Helen absolutely loved gardening and I'm thinking my mom "tolerated" it - Helen loved planting, my mom did it under necessity.  So, this window has a dual purpose ~ for Jim who still loves to plant and for me who is more like my mom.  When I have the final product, I'll take a photo, but for now, this is the beginning step - measurements with sadness still:(   Blessings to my two moms!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment