Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy

Gosh it's been so long since I was able to give you that "dollar" for your birthday!!!  You see, I can't quite remember just how many years ago it was, but when daddy would open birthday cards from us he really didn't get very excited.  So one year, and it must have been quite a few years back too, we decided to give him the "$1" rather than the card - he would get much more excited!!!  It was always fun to watch him open those cards and secretly place those single dollars in his pocket:)  Am not sure if he saved those dollars or would purchase the gold ones instead or what.  I always felt bad for daddy's birthday!  It was so close to Christmas that we rarely celebrated it!  Mom use to bake him his favorite blue berry pie and I think he ate most of it himself.  He like blue berry pie and the rest of us didn't get much of it - am not sure if it was because we didn't like it, or he didn't share it:)!!!  I loved my dad!!!  He was always there with a "thought" or a "reason" or a "suggestion" or even a "dollar" if needed!  Believe me, there were several times I wished I'd listened, but he also knew that we would have to learn by ourselves and that's what we did - in the end, he never said "Told You So" and that wasn't anything I would have wanted to hear anyway!!!  Yes, daddy you were a great father and I miss you much!  I think I'll place a dollar in an envelope this morning and put it in my kitchen garden window for you - Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!

Happy Birthday Mr. Robert Chester Mitchell - MY dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment