Monday, September 19, 2011

Quick Flash - Hot Flash

OK - so I can honestly say that I have never experienced a "hot flash" like most women my age!  Am not sure if it was just a blessing from God, that my body is unique, or that I'm just unusual?  Anyway, I've been thankful to be at my age - over 60 and moving on - and still not experience those "flashes" like my friends talk about:)  So guess in some ways, I am blessed for sure!!!  And I feel VERY fortunate that my health is good and that I LOVE life to the fullest - God has been sooooo good to me:)!  Not always have I been "deserving" and not always have I made the best choices, but He has been faithful and faithful beyond to me! 

Anyway, back to "flashes" - so I'm standing in my kitchen just a short time ago - making an afternoon cup of some new "French Brew" coffee that came in today's mail:)  (what a special treat to receive 4 Keurig Cups free in the mail:)!!!)  Within two seconds I feel this overwhelming heartbreak and my eyes swell with tears!  It wasn't a hot flash, but a "quick flash" of sadness and I couldn't control it!  Why Lord, why is it that our emotions can run so fast and so quick at times?  I know why I had the tears, but still, so quickly?  I have to tell you, this isn't the first time for tears by any means, but the first time I compared them to what others call "hot flashes" -

I had to take a few minutes - my coffee is almost gone along with the tears in my eyes.  So until the next time, and as I've been told, there will be a next time,  I guess I'll just write about it.  And I have to say, thank you Jesus for that "quick flash" memory - maybe it's mom wanting a cup of afternoon coffee as well?  Blessings!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment