Friday, March 18, 2011

Grandma Helen April 16, 1917 - March 16, 2011

It's been a very rough couple of days!!!  I spent Tuesday afternoon with Grandma Helen like I posted in the last blog - Wednesday, just the day after, the day of Litney's final exam, the day of brother Ed's visit with Helen and the day that family conflict was reunited, Jim called at 4:20 and said he'd be spending the night with his mom.  Within 10 minutes he called me to say she'd taken her last breath!  She was ready - am not sure I was, more for Litney & Larissa than for Helen - it was God's time to call her home and I knew that - just so very hard.  Death is so final - so difficult eventhough I know she's not suffering and she's with Grandpa Clyde - how wonderful for them to reunite and be as one again!  Oh how I miss her even now!!!!  I'd not planned on writing a prayer for Helen, then Maria told me she reads the one I wrote for Clyde regularly.  I know one in the family does not think much of prayers that God gives me, but then I decided "this is God, not me!" so He gave me the following words.  God blessed Helen's life with so much - but I am blessed because of her - I'll miss her terribly!!!!  I love her!!!  Blessings to her and to all in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment