Friday, March 11, 2011

Litney with Grandma

Litney called early afternoon yesterday and told me she was going to see Grandma .  I asked her to call afterwards and she told me that if she was fine, she'd just call me another time.  It was almost 9:00 last night when the phone rang - I had figured grandma was doing alright since Litney hadn't called.  It was Litney.  She'd spent over 6 hours sitting, crying, watching, listening - just being there.  I cried as Litney shared the experience with me.  I don't know if I could have traded spots with Litney - I'm not that strong!  Last Saturday was the last time I'll probably go see Helen - I can't be there like this - I'm praying God takes her quickly at this point - she wants to be gone - she's ready to be gone!  Even Logan last week just couldn't handle Grandma being as she was - he loved the spunky grandma, the fiesty one - this was hard on him.  Guess he sat there with his cap over his eyes and told Litney, "Give her what she needs and make her better."  Of course we all know, this time comes.


Thank you Jesus for this very special life and may she find Your peace quickly as You take her home.  Blessings to her and to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment